Colorado Rockies

Colorado Rockies

Friday, June 1, 2012

Perhaps "Done" is Over Rated

Perhaps announcing that I was done with Ashes and Bones was premature.  Perhaps the call of revising another project, The Shape Shifter, was too big a draw.  Perhaps.  Perhaps.  Perhaps. 
For Ashes and Bones has called me back to the story board and I am chopping sentences, revising scenes, speeding toward my own deadline of -- What?  June?  June what? And once the allusive date is met?  THEN will the fledgling manuscript finally be allowed to leave its hard-wired computer nest and spread its wings to paper?  Will I, the over-protective wordsmith, at last stop dissecting paragraphs and peering at each and every word under the thesaurus-microscope and hand the pages, wrapped in a protective cocoon of craft paper, to Cate and Deanna and whisper, "My baby is yours now.  Be kind."?

No comments:

Post a Comment